Sunds Fibertech was founded in 2015 when the German company Dieffenbacher sold their business in Sweden to Kenth Eklund the CEO at the time. Today the company is owned by Kenth Eklund and Lars Eklund. The development at Sunds Fibertech has been fast and today the company has 18 employees. The long-term goal is to be a leading supplier in their line of business. The go live date for Sunds Fibertech was February 1.
Sunds Fibertech sells both in-house developed technology and equipment to companies that manufacture MDF boards. The demand for MDF boards increases constantly, especially in emerging markets such as China.
– Our line of business requires an ERP system that supports project management. Using MONITOR G5 we will get financial follow-ups on all our projects and at the same time we keep track of drawings from previous generations of machines, says Lars Eklund, CEO at Sunds Fibertech Group.
Design engineers, sellers, and order takers are all working at the office in Timrå. When the equipment is assembled at the customer's location, a project manager is always present regardless of where in the world this takes place. Machines and spare parts are always sent directly from the manufacturers to the customers.
– To be able to meet the increasing demand we must minimize the waste of resources in some processes and become more resource-intensive. We aim to increase the capacity and for this we need tools enabling us to work efficiently, says Lars.
A "Turn-key" Solution
– The reason we chose MONITOR G5 was the complete solution for our line of business. Other systems had a too long process time from the preliminary study up to making additional selections. We felt very comfortable with Monitor's standard process and the sales person from Monitor gave a basic and clear presentation of the system, says Lars.
During the first year, Sunds Fibertech had a turnover of 27 million kronor. This year the expected turnover is 55 million kronor. The long-term goal is a turnover of several hundred millions and continuing to grow using own capital.
– We need to secure our level of competitiveness. MONITOR will simplify our order management and quote management, especially regarding spare parts and project business, says Lars.
Quick Implementation of MONITOR G5
Emma Eklund, Controller at Sunds Fibertech, has been very involved in the ongoing and intensive work to implement the ERP system.
– We wanted to have the system up and running as soon as possible and the efficient implementation was the main reason why we finally chose MONITOR. The possibility to edit the layout on the documents is very smooth. We have changed the layout on most of our documents. This way we could start using MONITOR G5 directly, says Emma.
Sunds Fibertech went live on their own on February the first.
– It's going alright. The work methods are new to us but we receive fast support when needed, says Emma.
Sunds Fibertech Group